Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I need professional help to diagnose loss power on a 2002 F250 7.3. Heard a pop in the engine compartment after doing 100,000 general maintenance, almost like a backfire in a gas engine. After that loss of power, especially uphill, takes several minutes to get to top speed of 55. . I live around Dayton, Ohio if anyone knows where I could take it to have it scanned. Thanks

·
Administrator
22,295 Posts
I need professional help to diagnose loss power on a 2002 F250 7.3. Heard a pop in the engine compartment after doing 100,000 general maintenance, almost like a backfire in a gas engine. After that loss of power, especially uphill, takes several minutes to get to top speed of 55. . I live around Dayton, Ohio if anyone knows where I could take it to have it scanned. Thanks
Welcome to DieselPlace

Head on over to the "Any other vehicles" section and post up there describing the complete issue and list any mods the vehicle has and members there can post up some great advice.
(y)

·
Premium Member
18,339 Posts
Sounds like an aftercooler boost tube popped off or perforated. Is there increased black smoke from the tailpipe when trying to accelerate?

• Helpful
Reactions: IdahoSteve
1 - 3 of 3 Posts