Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering...i did a search, and came up with nothing, I have the plain regular mirrors on my truck. I would like to put the older model extendable tow mirrors on. are they a direct bolt on with no other hassle?

do those mirrors still have the blinker intergrated into the mirror, as well as thelight on the bottom?

any help would be appreciated.

thankss

the meaty-cheesy boy

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you already have power mirrors, then yes the power extendable mirrors are basically aplug and play hook up. You will prolly need to go by the dealer tho to reprogram the computer...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
They have the turn signals but no curb light.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Curb light, courtesy light, puddle light.....whatever you want to call it is in the bottom of the power folding mirrors......at least for my '03. I think this is what WanaDmxsub was referring to...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
:exactly:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Curb light, courtesy light, puddle light.....whatever you want to call it is in the bottom of the power folding mirrors......at least for my '03. I think this is what WanaDmxsub was referring to...
interesting, my 04.5 didn't come with the curb/courtesy/puddle lights on the power, heated, folding with turn signal mirrors.:rolleyes: did they only put them on during certain years? :confused:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I dont have curb lights either. I might just have to add some. Anyone had there mirrors or inner doors apart? Is there room to run extra wires out to the mirror?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
IIRC '03 was the last year for the "curb/puddle/courtesy" lights.
Lots of room for more wire. There have been several post on mirror/panel removal.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, my 03 has the puddle lights, as well as my wife's tahoe, but my firends 04, but with the lB7, doesn't, and he has the LS as well

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
my 02 z71 did not have puddle lights, my 03 didn't either but it had the camper mirrors.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
must be different levels of the ls and lt trim...i don't know if leather was an option for the ls, but i have it, just not the bucket seats, lux amp, etc

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
good point, my 02 was a LS with leather 60/40 split bench. maybe thats why it didn't have the puddle lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do any of you guys know if the power extend camper mirrors off of an 04 GMC will fit my 01 chevy. I don't care about the electrical just the bolting on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes they will bolt right up. I put 05 power extend on my 03, and my 03 fold away power, heated onto an 01.
Wiring is different but but bolt pattern is the same.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have an 05 with the power extending camper mirrors and want to upgrade to the 06 version. So when I get up the cash I will have some 05's for sale. Anyone interested in them now, maybe we can work something out and I can get my mirrors sooner. :)

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts