Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the best gooseneck hitch set up for my buck and my truck. 2006 cc any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
B&W turnover ball!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I second the B&W turnover ball!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
3rd (look on ebay)

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
b and w

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
B and W Turnover ball.
I've heard of some similar types of 'hide a balls' and they get stuck inside the bed.
The B and W is tested and hasnt given anyone a problem as i've heard.

·
Registered
127 Posts
B & W only way

·
Registered
260 Posts
B+W best qaulity easy install.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
B&W love mine its always ready to work

·
Registered
311 Posts
cowdoc;1543073; said:
B&W turnover ball!
Cowdoc, I am considering the B&W for on my 07 CC/SB also. Was there any problem mounting the hitch underneath the bed? There is a cross member on the underside of the bed, above and just in front of the rear axle. I am guessing that the hitch is manufactured to fit around it, but would appreciate any input from someone with it already installed.

On a side note, I am curious as to how you like the Evo and what level you are running on.

Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bob in PA;1544213; said:
Cowdoc, I am considering the B&W for on my 07 CC/SB also. Was there any problem mounting the hitch underneath the bed? There is a cross member on the underside of the bed, above and just in front of the rear axle. I am guessing that the hitch is manufactured to fit around it, but would appreciate any input from someone with it already installed.

On a side note, I am curious as to how you like the Evo and what level you are running on.

Thanks.

Bob
The whole unit mounts right in front of that crossmember about 1/2" in front of it. The directions are available online for you to read ahead of time. The hardest part for me was cutting the stupid heat shield out first. After that it was a breeze. Did it in the driveway with my 9 year old son in about an hour.

Tim

·
Registered
762 Posts
gooseneck hitch

B & W
I've had one on my last two trucks and my current!!
I love the turnover ball feature, so you fave full use of your truck bed!!
Mine was $426 installed.
I wasn't comfortable cutting a hole in the bed, i knew if i did it, would come out like and inch off or something and i would kick myself for not paying the $100 to install.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Railer24;1544254; said:
B & W
I've had one on my last two trucks and my current!!
I love the turnover ball feature, so you fave full use of your truck bed!!
Mine was $426 installed.
I wasn't comfortable cutting a hole in the bed, i knew if i did it, would come out like and inch off or something and i would kick myself for not paying the $100 to install.
There is some margin of error to drilling the hole. The hitch can be adjusted to fit a misdrilled hole. Just measure twice and cut once. You just measure from the back a certain distance and then find the exact center between the wheel wells mark it, drill a pilot hole to keep the holesaw from wandering. It was a cinch I would do it again in a second. Kind of like drilling 15 holes in my roof for the clearance lights they forgot to install. D'oh!

Tim

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Bob in PA;1544213; said:

Thanks.

Bob
I own a 07 Dually long bed - no issues they're made for us :)
I did take it to someone local to have it installed, and was pissed when i found out all that had to do to hook it up.
One thing i did read a few times is the exhaust on some truck (aftermarket) say it will cause fit problems. Someone with the setup will be able to tell you for sure. Im all stock still

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jasondt2001;1544275; said:
I own a 07 Dually long bed - no issues they're made for us :)
I did take it to someone local to have it installed, and was pissed when i found out all that had to do to hook it up.
One thing i did read a few times is the exhaust on some truck (aftermarket) say it will cause fit problems. Someone with the setup will be able to tell you for sure. Im all stock still
Thanks for the input, Jason. Sounds like you drill a hole and then bolt the rest together. As posted above, it's hard to think about drilling a 4" hole in the bed, but once you get past that it doesn't seem too bad.

·
Registered
311 Posts
moosecountry;1544233; said:
The whole unit mounts right in front of that crossmember about 1/2" in front of it. The directions are available online for you to read ahead of time. The hardest part for me was cutting the stupid heat shield out first. After that it was a breeze. Did it in the driveway with my 9 year old son in about an hour.

Tim
Tim, thanks a lot for the feedback. The cross member had me a bit worried, but now I know better. I will be checking out the directions on their site and likely ordering one. Seems like they are universally regarded as an excellent hitch.
If you don't mind sharing, what's a fair price for one and what vendor would you recommend?

Bob

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
for the aftermarket exhaust they supply a drop down bracket for the exhaust that drops it enough to clear it. i had the same question before i got mine and emailed them to ask and they got back to me the same day they are a really good company to deal with. the guys i had do mine had never done one before and was able to get it done withing the day easy and now all they sell is the B&W hitches i guess they owe me a commission on this stuff:D

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Man - that's some good info. Thank you so much Jdugie123!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.