Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months of great driving, No CEL either, I started having the famed No Start, dies going down road problem. I finally get my remote PMD install in the front bumper and just yesterday get it connected. Truck drove fine right after that and my boost fooler mod seemed to work correctly too. Parked truck, went to bed so I could work at night. I go out at 10.30 last night, start truck up, at least "TRY" to get truck running. felt like it was on one or two glow plug and fianlly cleared up. Not a god start to a night at work so I parked her and jump in my car (but thats another story). Checked cde this morning after work and found DTC 29,31,35,36. Now all that to ask this, could the different PMD cause these codes. After clearing them I still have 31, but I have the firewall MAP unplugged as part of my boost control (another long but happy ending story).

Sorry for the long post but looking for a good discussion and just for the education.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Connections? Cable to remote?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder the same thing but the truck cleaned up and runs good now, oh course it's warm now too. waiting till cooler temps to see if it comes back. That 29 "Glow plug relay " kind of got me looking that way. They all seem to work fine till last night.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
My thinking was that this happened after the change. Could be a coincidence but maybe not.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And After typing the last reply I started, or tried to start, the truck. finally got it to run, like on 4 cylinders, so I shut down and plugged in the PMD on the pump and restarted, runs great now. So it must be the PMD I got remote mounted. Guess I'll get another one for there quickly.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Any thoughts on wire length and added resistance with the longer wire harness??
Ted

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Any thoughts on wire length and added resistance with the longer wire harness??
Ted
Shouldn't be enough to matter unless he used 20 feet of 30 gauge wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts