Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I understand the need to more power. I have a 725hp Z06, a 285hp nitrous injected ZX-12R bored and stroked to 1375cc. Why would you want to try to get 800+ Hp out of a truck? If you guys can dump that kinda $$ in to these $$ trucks, why not have a car that wicked fast and truck that is well a truck? I mean bumping the power up in a truck a couple 100 hp is one thing, but trying to put a CC truck in the 11's...I dont get it. I'm not blasting anyone, I mean My truck is not going to be stock for long..help me out here:help:

·
Registered
326 Posts
:D I understand the need to more power. I have a 725hp Z06, a 285hp nitrous injected ZX-12R bored and stroked to 1375cc. Why would you want to try to get 800+ Hp out of a truck? If you guys can dump that kinda $$ in to these $$ trucks, why not have a car that wicked fast and truck that is well a truck? I mean bumping the power up in a truck a couple 100 hp is one thing, but trying to put a CC truck in the 11's...I dont get it. I'm not blasting anyone, I mean My truck is not going to be stock for long..help me out here:help:
Well, just speaking for me, I have driven trucks so long, I could never go back to driving a car. Besides, I used to love wasting camaros and mustangs in my old truck, it just seems more satisfying when you can do it in a truck. It's a little like years ago when guys would build sleepers out of station wagons, then go out and smoke the shiny vettes and goats. FWIW, I don't plan on building my current truck quite as much as my last one. So long as I can smoke *most* imports, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Everybody has their "thing" out there. Yes, I have my fast toys too. I bought my truck to tow... Bumping up the horsepower / torque was just a plus in my book. 11's? My truck will never do that. I'm happy if it does 14's. What's cool is the fact it's quick for a truck and the mileage isn't down the tubes if you're reasonable with your foot after the mods. :D

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Well I'll tell you what, get way more attention w/ my 14 second, jacked up truck than I do w/ my 10 second Chevelle. Twice as much.

It's just priceless when people that are clueless to diesel performance are simply amazed at how your truck performs. And it's amazing me how many people ARE still oblivious to the fact that diesels can be performance vehicles.

If I wouldn't spend all my money on my car, my truck would be in the 12's for sure.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
And you can get what, 600 hp out of the motor without altering the stock block?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Well I'll tell you what, get way more attention w/ my 14 second, jacked up truck than I do w/ my 10 second Chevelle. Twice as much.

It's just priceless when people that are clueless to diesel performance are simply amazed at how your truck performs. And it's amazing me how many people ARE still oblivious to the fact that diesels can be performance vehicles.
That too, I have to agree with. :ro)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Um, I only wanted one vehicle to do everything with. Do you know what my insurance would be if I had a Camaro and a truck?

There is no other vehicle on the planet, that you can be competitve sled-pulling, tow-trailors, take off-road, run mid 12's, all on the STOCK engine internals, injectors, and turbo. Its the perfect vehicle for me. All this for 27K(mods included).

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Becasue I loved having a daily driven plow truck that can whoop up on vettes ):h

Everybody has thier thing. We do what makes us happy you do what makes you happy. Some people like the recognition, like was said there are alot of fast vettes out there....big deal. Others(this would be me) do it becasue they have a truck for comuting and work purposes and instead of spending money on getting thier chevelle wicked fast the sickos kept modding thier daily driver becasue they have a sickness and need anything they drive to be deccently quick :D

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You dont have any idea of how funny it is to pull up to a roush stang with his GF asking if you want to run em and see how fast his ****y smile dissapears :D Sleepers rule:cool: If you were driving a stock vette what would chap your *** to lose to more? A 4x4 diesel PU truck with lightbar on top and toolbox in the back or some other vette?

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
yeah, what Rat said...I need to tow and use my truck for "truck" things...but at the same time I love having a FAST vehicle thats big and comfortable to drive on the highway. When modded, a Dmax is an incredibly versitale vehicle. You can run to the dump in the morning, stop off at the drag strip and take out some (stock) Vette's and Viper's, and then go home in the afternoon and haul a 14,000 pound trailer around for the rest of the day. Cant beat that... And how priceless is the look on people's faces when a 6000-7000 pound DIESEL TRUCK totally smokes (no pun intended) a sports car in a drag race?? All on a stock engine!

--Ben

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I have to agree with Rat and Ben, Its just priceless to see peoples faces go from I got this one in the bad to oh $hit! And you can do it all from the comfort (sp?) of your daily driver! I like being in the safety of a big vehicle too, I don't feel safe when I am on the freeway in a sports car especially here were everyone drives SUV's!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
the look on someone's face after you smoke someone in a truck is priceless

·
Registered
24 Posts
Because we can is my main reason. Same reason I work on Thunderbirds. They weigh in around 4-5k and have V6 or Small V8 engines in them and laying down a 12 to 13 second pass is great fun, but knowing you can do that with the truck you just hauled them to the track with is priceless.

That's 8k lbs you are moving and it doesn't care.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
for starters, those vettes and more expensive, and b, lets see you get 20mpg after running in the 12.'s with it!

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
vettes actually get stoopid crazy milage. Yould be supprised. LS1 and LT1 camaros and fire birds easily get better milage than our trucks on the highway.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
doh, how about with a trailer behind them! and besides, blowing black smoke is just more fun!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I like the holly crap factor or the deer in headlights look after you take your big ol truck and rip up a mustang or camaro. The ricers here wont even toy with the diesels anymore for they have been taught a few lessons by quite a few rigs. Hav had the 10 and 9 sec cars and the truck is a much better sleeper thta I can load the family up in and on a road trip in unload and family and look for new prey if needed.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
just reading all your comments guys makes me want to go out and break
the bank and do all the mods i love my truck wouldnt trade it for the
world.mines stock and it feels great taking off from a light knowing that
something that heavy can move that fast):h
and to know some of you are 12-13 second rigs is great. in my part
of town dont see much modded trucks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've only ever had trucks my wife drives the car. After the last accident in my 1500 (that almost killed me)bigger is soooo much better(especially that big ole bumper). I feel safer in it and the ricers still havent figured out they cant keep up.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
The look is great. I love it.You pull up next to a Mustang or a ricer and he is about to fall on his a$$ laughing and you totally destroy him.It's priceless. My buddy and I were out looking for a race the other night when a couple of his friends pull up next to us at the stoplight.I ask if they want to race :D ? They're like "in a truck" I was like "Yeah :eek: " Then I launched and they decided that they had better thngs to do :confused: ):h .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.