Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i hooked up the trailer late Friday night, had to lock in 4x4 cause the ground was mushy from all the rain. Got up on Saturday morning and drove 118 miles to destination. ;later that afternoon i noticed the little 4x4 light on the button was lit up!:eek::

i think i drove 118 miles at 50-60 MPH with a 3500 lb trailer in 4WHEEL DRIVECensored !!!!

I am wondering if i did some damage to the front axle or just shorten the life of it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whew! i figured if something was to go out it would have happend by the end of the trip.

...and for those of you wondering, it was only 1 way in 4x4. The way home was in 2 wheel drive and used less fule too!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Don't feel bad I drove like about 350 miles @ 70 mph or so. Yeah I felt like a dummy. That was almost a year ago and my 4x4 works great.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
oh yeah that was pulling my fifth wheels at about 8k or less.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Probable did more good than harm. Now you know your 4x works with no problems. Most people only lock em in for like 10 miles in 4 years.

Anyway, I did the same thing. Couldn't figure out why it was so hard to turn, thrn I saw the light.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it is really easy to do that with the puch button crap now a days i would still like to be able to get 4 wheel drive on the floor and have to shift it to get it in
but you did not harm it. i drove for like 3-400 miles before in 4 wheel drive but i had to because it would not let the transfer case go back into 2 wheel drive and yes it was the push button crap

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
The worst thing about doing that is probably the lousy mileage!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i do have to admit i used a 1/4 tank of fuel less coming back home.

iat least i am in good compnay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts