Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Could be c1-c5. Most likely you wont ever hurt c5 though.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
care to expalin what gear(s) is what clutch does what who where when how?Kthnxbye

i know i limped mine twice before the SC5 and my 1~2 clutch had some smoked plates and the 4~5 clutch was smoked too

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Clutches on

1st-C1 C5
2nd-C1 C4
3rd-C1 C3
4th-C1 C2
5th-C2 C3

Most limps occur hard acceleration in 5th when knock down of main line pressure occurs. But if you put enough foot into it with enough power you certainly can see some slip with one clutch going off and another coming on through out the up shifts.Specially the 1-2 shift,mostly from boost launches.

GM has refined the Allison which in some cases have made it weaker then earlier production years.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Clutches on

1st-C1 C5
2nd-C1 C4
3rd-C1 C3
4th-C1 C2
5th-C2 C3

Most limps occur hard acceleration in 5th when knock down of main line pressure occurs. But if you put enough foot into it with enough power you certainly can see some slip with one clutch going off and another coming on through out the up shifts.Specially the 1-2 shift,mostly from boost launches.

GM has refined the Allison which in some cases have made it weaker then earlier production years.

So a suncoast IV pretty much covers it all except for c5 which is hard to damage right? Im just curious cause thats what i ordered, my truck only has 22k on it and has been limped once.... just hoping i will be ok with the IV

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
C5 is the biggest (surface) clutch in the Allison,there is no need to do anything. The only time I have seen C5 take a hit is when C1 is well damaged.

C5 is only used in reverse also.

Your Suncoast IV will take care of your needs.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Good Deal, thanks

-Rob-

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Rob

Your welcome anytime.This is the best source for Gm OEM and aftermarket information! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts