Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
…and I cant wait for it to arrive.

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

Ordered V2, DSP5 switch and overhead polished gauge mount from Guy at SoCal.

Any quick tips or tricks to get me past the Edge level 4-5 asap?

The ’03 Dmax will be my first victim, then the ’06 Dmax will soon follow.

Also looking for some tunes for the LS1 in my C5.

Wife says this forum is costing me too much $$$.

I told her that she may have to go get a job :lol: ....

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just wait till you have to go see someone about a tranny.

Welcome to the "club" man, EFILive is awesome.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ziadmax;1562655; said:
Just wait till you have to go see someone about a tranny.

Welcome to the "club" man, EFILive is awesome.

Tranny? Whats that.....:lol:

So far, to date, I have never limped my Ally...never. Even on level 5.

I did make it learn all 5 levels in both tow modes and reg. mode 100+ miles at a time, sequentially so that might have helped it.

With 80k on the clock, I had it pressure tested and thoroughly diagnosed at the dealer and they said its still looking great. He knows I run a box and he is one of the area experts on the Allison. (Mike at Molle).

But....I am saving the pennies for a tranny upgrade. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats! I am now a believer in EFI Live just had it tuned and what a difference! Tranny upgrade will definitely be required for the larger tunes!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just because you never limped it doesn't mean it's not hurt.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
HD-Nate;1562674; said:
Tranny? Whats that.....:lol:

So far, to date, I have never limped my Ally...never. Even on level 5.

I did make it learn all 5 levels in both tow modes and reg. mode 100+ miles at a time, sequentially so that might have helped it.

With 80k on the clock, I had it pressure tested and thoroughly diagnosed at the dealer and they said its still looking great. He knows I run a box and he is one of the area experts on the Allison. (Mike at Molle).

Welcome - you'll be addicted soon!

I went down the same road - Edge on 5 never limped the trans. First weekend running a hot tune in the repository and I joined the "I need a trans club." Keep it from hitting 5th and don't roll into it on the highway when you get a big tune.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RaceHemi;1562725; said:
Just because you never limped it doesn't mean it's not hurt.

Well....yes I know thats why I had it checked out:

Hd-Nate said:
Hd-Nate said:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Will a pressure test tell you if the clutches and steels have hot spots from slipping?

E

·
0 Posts
HD-Nate;1562453; said:
Also looking for some tunes for the LS1 in my C5.
You might want to check out www.holdencrazy.com for Corvette files, I know that there are a bunch of stock tunes and a few modified tunes that might help you out.

Goodluck!

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I hope to be getting it one of these days but not until i can get the wife a new ride....no way will i let her drive a tuned one....She is hard enough on tires with the way it is now! I think for the most part I would like to be able to build a tune for the best fuel economy you could possibly get.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Sadly I have yet to give up my edge...I keep telling myself one more time and then i will get efi live.....but i have also decided the tranny come 1st...its way easier to save up for the 3-5k dollar tranny when you stock one is still in good shape...then it is to have a truck with efi live and a crap tranny and no money for a new one..

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
West Texas

Flinthunter;1564328; said:
I hope to be getting it one of these days but not until i can get the wife a new ride....no way will i let her drive a tuned one....She is hard enough on tires with the way it is now! I think for the most part I would like to be able to build a tune for the best fuel economy you could possibly get.
What part of West Texas are you from?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
EFILive is not just about making big power and destroying transmissions, although it seems to be the single largest misconception regarding EFILive. As a matter of fact, your trans will be better off with a properly written tune than with an edge box any day. That's the real advantage to having EFILive, you can make a tune that fits your needs and application for YOUR truck. There is a lot to learn and it will take time to become familiar with the way things inter relate so don't wait to buy EFILive before downloading the software, it's free to download so you can start becoming familiar with the functionality now and be ready to jump in when you decide to buy the hardware.

hemisareslow;1564463; said:
Sadly I have yet to give up my edge...I keep telling myself one more time and then i will get efi live.....but i have also decided the tranny come 1st...its way easier to save up for the 3-5k dollar tranny when you stock one is still in good shape...then it is to have a truck with efi live and a crap tranny and no money for a new one..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Pecos County,80 miles south of Midland.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I've done some deer guiding in that country.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I myself cant wait to get efi.Still trying to figure it out .The purpose and funcitionality of the unit.Im learning a little at a time .

·
Registered
547 Posts
I picked up v2 from Guy today at so cal diesel and had him give me the 4hour run down on it, its slow goin but im learnin it slowly already and i love it. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts