Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've got a 9 day old baby Duramax w/ 108 miles..

I went to the parts dept. of my Chevy Dealership just to pick up a few emergency things for the new "baby".
I got some Dex III, an emergency fuel filter-(ouch), & some of their recommended Engine Oil. Oilzum 15w-40.....

Does anyone here use this Oil????

Oilzum Super Series 3 SAE 15w-40 Motor Oil. ( A low - ash universal oil that meets: Cummins,Caterpillar,Detroit Diesel, Mack EO-L). API Service CH-4,CG-4,CF-4,CF/SJ.

This is what they put in when you get an Oil Change done on your Duramax.
No Options!, No other choices!
Shop foreman suggested staying with what they use.....so, I just gotta ask....

Does Anyone Use It???

LOve This Truck, 108 miles - so far...

Please help, Thanks & Merry Christmas, Paul

·
Registered
410 Posts
Paul, congratulations on THE rig..you chose wisely...there are many good brands of oil to use. It is recommended to use conventional oils for a few changes before introducing synthetic if you were to go that way. Happy motoring, bob

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
CASTROL HEAVY DUTY LUBRICANTS, INC

Thats who makes it........Wait to 10k to switch to Delvac1.Edited by: problemchild

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys,
Who sells this Oilzum motor oil?? Anybody know?
Paul

·
Registered
490 Posts
There ARE better conventional dino oils out there. I see it only has a CH-4 rating.

Mobil Delvac 1300, Chevron Delo 400, Pennzoil Long Life and Shell Rotella T, are CI-4, and therefore have a better additive package, making them better oils. They are also available at Wal-Mart for under/around $6 a gallon!!

Do you like black, blue, white or yellow bottles?Edited by: Pick

·
Registered
868 Posts
Oilzum was a brand made by White and Bagley of Worcester Mass. and was popular when I was a kid in Worcester County, Mass. about 1960. The brand is now owned by Castrol.

Do yourself a favor. Change the oil yourself, if you can. It isn't that hard, and you can get some of the best dyno oil made, Mobil Delvac 1300 or Chevron Delo, at the local WalMart for around $6 a gallon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts