Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.oilguard.com/Chevy.php

Has anyone used this system? Looks extremely easy to install and the price isn't that bad.

Basically, I am looking for something easy to install, like this system, and that will keep the oil as clean as possible.

Let me hear what info you have!

Thanks!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have one. Easy install. Oil still turns black though.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
not bad to install. search a bit and you can find some write ups on the install.

Jim

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Love mine.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
80,000 miles and counting.

Protects down to one micron. All the companies that sell them do pretty much the same thing. I chose oilguard because that's what the military uses on there rigs.

I was a Marine for 6.5 years and beat on a lot of taxpayer's vehicles, so I was impressed.

I think any protection is better than none!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Has anyone followed up with oil sampling on these units to see how they do. Also have you seen any oil pressure drop after install.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Has anyone followed up with oil sampling on these units to see how they do. Also have you seen any oil pressure drop after install.
Soon. No.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I use the Harvard bypass filters. I'm sure the Oilguard is comparable. They will not affect oil pressure because the flow rate is low. I have used bypass filters for over 25 years with great results. My Dmax has 48K on it and I haven't changed the oil yet. Instead of changing the oil, have an oil analysis done periodically and let it tell you when to change the oil. I did one at 43K and it came back looking great. It will get black with your diesel, but if you use the bypass the soot will be 1 micron or smaller, which doesn't hurt anything. Don't want the oil to get black? Run propane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts