Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start off by saying OILGUARD has NO customer service. I have called 3 times and emailed twice. NO REPLY!

They dont answer the phone they dont reply to email. What a piece of crap company.

Now on to my question. I installed the oilguard at the same time I installed delvac1 5-40. The hot idle oil pressure in my dmax is 17lbs. Anyone else see a drop from installing the bypass oil filter? It says on their site 5% bypass which equates to 1.5lbs loss.

·
Banned
394 Posts
WELL I HAVE CALLED GM BOUT MY OIL PRESSURE RUNNING BOUT 17 TO 19 PSI....THEY REDIRECTED ME TO THE DEALER THAT ALREADY BLEW ME OFF AND SAID THATS NORMAL.....SO I JUST LET IT GO

·
Registered
841 Posts
This 17 lbs. does not sound unusually low and is probably a result of switching to synthetic, not the bypass.
I am disappointed to hear your experience with Oilguard, they have always been very responsive to my calls. Are you dealing with Mark Meddock? SPICER

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm running Amsoil 5w-30 and an Amsol dual remote bypass and full flow combo. My idle oil pressure is only slightly higher than yours, maybe 24-25 psi hot.

Amsoil stated in their tech info (of which I received reams as a dealer}, that you would usually see a slight drop in oil pressure with synthetic oil, because it flowed more freely than dino, and in this case because of the lower viscosity on the lower end of the range of the rating.

By the time I reach 1000 t0 1200 rpm, my pressure is up there where it was with the OEM oil, which I assume was 15W-40. The 4 ball wear test shows the Amsoil to have the smallest wear spot of any of the popular oils, so when I talked to tech at Amsoil and told him of my trucks usage, we sort of jointly agreed that that would be my best oil to use.

My tech manual is at the shop, so I can't post figures, but if you want this info, then PM me and I'll get it to you later.

·
Banned
394 Posts
I RUN CAST HEAVY DUTY

·
Registered
663 Posts
Problemchild,
I’m also sorry to hear about your problem getting a response from OilGuard. They have been very responsive anytime I have called.
I also have not seen a drop in oil pressure with my OilGuard install. When installing mine I used a mechanical gauge to check the pressure both hot & cold and with & without the OilGuard. I saw no difference in pressure. The pressure on my OEM gauge also tracked the mechanical gauge but the OEM gauges have been known to be inaccurate. Have you checked yours with a mechanical gauge? Mine runs one 1 tic below the 30 psi mark when the engine is fully warmed up and idling with coolant temp about 195-205. At 2000 rpm it runs about one tic above 60 psi warm. This is also with 5W40 synthetic oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts