Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
The UNI oiled foam has proven to be an excellent air flower and dirt filter. And yes, by all means, replace the K&N ASAP... I believe you have several sources for the UNI with site supporters.
George

·
Registered
394 Posts
In some cases the K&N works fairly well. However, in some environments, some installations, it may not...
Visualize a spec of dirt traveling at over 100 mph (which it does in a turbo charged diesel engine). I am sure you have held your K&N up to the light: you can see through it!
There is no tackifier made that will reach out and capture that particule traveling that fast. Period. Which is why, from my experience, paper or quality oiled foam can provide superior dirt protection.
As indicated, oiled gauze works absolutely keeping bricks and birds out of one'se engine..
Paper and high quality oiled foam work 100% at keeping all the dirt spectrum out of one's engine. And there are many on this site who have done the $$100+ oil analysis to include particle count, ferrography to confirm that performance..

George

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.