Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a new compressor and I have to fill with oil. Before i fill it i need to know how to read the site glass. It has a red dot in the center and a 1/4" red circle around that. I left the camera at home....so no pictures. The owners manual did not include this information but i dont want to overfill it. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
little help please

·
Registered
897 Posts
Fill the oil till the level gets to the red dot. I think you would have to really be over filled before you could cause damage with it. As the compressor is running it will splash around to lubricate everything like a small engine. So its not all that critical to get the level just right.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fill the oil till the level gets to the red dot. I think you would have to really be over filled before you could cause damage with it. As the compressor is running it will splash around to lubricate everything like a small engine. So its not all that critical to get the level just right.
Thanks .... Now if i just had the breather assembly that was missing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yea you will need that breather assembly to keep the oil from making a mess of things. I think its got a check valve built into the breather to cut down on the oil splashing out.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Bought a new compressor and I have to fill with oil. Before i fill it i need to know how to read the site glass. It has a red dot in the center and a 1/4" red circle around that. I left the camera at home....so no pictures. The owners manual did not include this information but i dont want to overfill it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Red dot = FULL

Red circle = Add

Fill the comp until the oil level reaches the red dot. When the level drops to the red circle, it is time to add oil. If the oil gets too low, (i.e, below the red circle), the rods won't hit the oil and splash lubricate the compressor. :eek:

As for missing parts, most companies have an 800 number that you can call for missing parts. The couple of times that I called, I had the parts the next working day. (Lucky, I guess)

Britt

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I am going to add an extension and ninety for easy draining of oil and the Store manager allowed he would fix me up with a breather assembly and swap out the cord for one that matches my outlet! I hope to get finished this weekend. I did get a note that allowed run for one hour with air valve open and then change oil. (to break it in)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts