Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on low oil pressure and found in many previous threads that there was usually a link between low oil pressure and failing injectors. My '03 LB7 has around 70 psi cold, 10-15 psi at Idle (warm) It does go up with RPM to the center of the gauge. I have a background in GAS race engines and the general rule of thumb is 10psi for every 1000 RPM. Is this true for diesels as well? The truck has 101,000 on the clock and I am wondering if this oil pressure should be considered low? I have not gotten a SES light nor a low oil pressure warning on the display. I haven't noticed any excessive smoke on start-up and I am getting 16-17 MPG on average. I don't know if I have Fuel in my oil but Ill know more this weekend when I change it. Ill try the "halo" on the paper towel trick as well as check the smell and quantity. Are there any other symptoms of injectors failing? This is my first Diesel so I am a bit concerned after reading so many posts about failed parts equaling big time CA$H and/or a battle with the Dealership.

Sorry for being long winded and thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Fuel will leak from failing injectors causing your crankcase to fill with fuel, resulting in low pressure readings. If you are not experiencing that, you should be fine. As far as your gauge reading you may need an IPC reprogram. There are a few threads on that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
you may notice a prolong crank like it has to spinup before it starts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my oil pressure on my 03' has been the same for 40,000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts