Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havn't found it yet but what is the normal operating temperature for the Dmax? Also what would be considered low oil pressure on these engines. Mine only shows just under the 30 (guessing large mark halfway between 0 and 60) when fully warm and at idle. The temps are just under 210.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good question on the oil pressure. My 2004 pegs the gage when just a little throttle is givin, but I took a new 2004 lby for a ride and it didn't register any where near that much pressure. Could be that my gage is faulity.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My gauge runs a tad below 30 psi hot ( 30 is the first big mark I figured 7-1/2 psi per increment). I have found that driving speeds will vary oil pressure a lot which is what you want going up as RPM'S increase. My hot oil pressure is now running about75 psi at 70MPH ( this was after changing out the factory oil and filter at 700 miles, I changed the filter to a Baldwin 1441 and the oil to Delvac 1300 15/40. Before changing the oil I was experiencing hot oil pressure of 53-55 psi at higway speeds and the same tad below 30 psi at idle ).

Just my observations...

Fran

·
Registered
130 Posts
65bowtie, I have an oil temp readout on my digital gauge. I typically see between 175 and 190 degrees as a normal operating temp. I also normally run the Predator in the 120HP tune, and that might raise my temps a bit. Have never seen 200 or above. I live in So. Florida where outside temps are usually high. Not sure if guys in colder climates see a difference. Should be the same once up to temp, just might take a little longer to get there.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm right along with everyone else. 30 psi hot idle. Up to 80-90 psi on full boost. 170-180 water temp is the hottest I've noticed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts