Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the truck today and noticed some fluid sprayed on the underside right above where the drive shaft comes out of the trans. At first i was thinking pump rub but i looked at the T-case and had no hole (yet). Do i have a seal going out? not really a lot of fluid (doesn't leave any marks on the drive even when i don't move for over a week)

If it is a seal how much is it going to cost me to get it fixed?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
If it is a seal, it is about 60 bucks for the seal, and about 30 minutes to replace, this is to easy of a job to take to the dealer, but the transfer case rub issue, looks kinda like the seal, so look at the bottom of the transfer case, and count 5 case bolts to the right of the drainplug, and look there at the tailshaft housing for a TINY hole, it could still be that, how many miles you got on it?

It does not matter if you use the 4WD or not.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
What is involved in the upgrade? How hard is it to do?

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
renove the t-case, take the back cover off, and swap it out, a little more is involved, I have a instruction in the works, but in a nutshell, IT IS EASY!

VERY EASY.. you are just replacing the internal oil pump housing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have right at 70,000 miles, i have done a lot of reading on the pump rub and counldn't find the whole, your posts on the pump rub have been very helpful. hopefully its just the seal any other info about that?

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Remove it and replace it, it is only as hard as pulling the driveshaft, I just found out today after talking with another member that the tailshaft seal cost about 15 bucks.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine was shooting fluid out of some of the bolts on both sides of the tranny. I was 800 miles away from home. Tightened them and has not leaked a drop in 3 weeks now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.