Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is no big deal, well not yet anyway. Everytime I change my oil there is a little bit on the bottom right by where the block and the trans meet. Just wondering if anybody else noticed it on theres and where it cold be coming from. Any help would be apreciated. It doesn't leak bad at all, No puddles just on the block.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
by the oil pan i just had my replaced for just a little bit of seapage
before it went out of warranty.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is right behind the oil pan

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of the rear main but it is only to the right side. But it isn't running down so it isn't the valve cover either.

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and have them check it out, that would at least you would have a record of the problem before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did get about 1/4 on each bolt on the oil pan so we will see if that was it, Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've got the same problem, my oil pan is dry all around. On mine you can see on the passenger side where the leak emerges from where the trans bolts to the block. I'll be taking mine in in a few weeks, I'll add this to the list

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me know what they say.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine was the rear main seal as well. So far so good. Thanx for all the help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Have not had a chance to get mine into the shop yet. My daily driver is down (multiple-simultaneous part failure - GO CHEVY:( ) so I need the Duramax...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did get about 1/4 on each bolt on the oil pan so we will see if that was it, Thanks for the input guys.
If "did get about 1/4" meant you tightened the bolts on the oil pan... BE CAREFUL!! You won't break anything or cause perminent damage, but you will squeeze the gasket out of position and have to pull the pan and replace it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I meant 1/4 turn on each. There where a little loose, But it was the rear main leaking.

·
Registered
275 Posts
:exactly: I understand the leak, I was just cautioning you on tightening pan bolts. These bolts have a very low torque rating and require a specific tightening pattern. Just be careful.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts