Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck only has 884 miles on it and it's back to the dealer we go...

From the workorder,

OP 523, Type WP94, Customer states oil leaks.

Yea, thats what I said. I also showed them the puddle of oil next to the R/F tire that developed while we where talking.

OP 500, Type WP94, Customer states the engine has bad vibration.

Yep, that was me also. I let the service rep get in and start the motor, Her words where "never felt that before". (just so that you know this service rep. has been there for at least 10 years, that I know of)

Eric, What are those OP and Type codes? Also thanks for the TSP's. I didn't have time to trace the leak myself but it looks like it may be from the oil cooler/front of the motor.

When I dropped off the truck they said they couldn't work on it for about a week because they where so busy. My response was "Are you telling me that I can drive this truck for a week with an oil leak like that?" Suddenly they found an open bay and said that once the tech comes back from lunch they will have a look at it. "It could just be a loose connection", they said.

The vibration is the "change rattling" one that some of you talk about. It only happens once the motor is has warmed-up and is idling or sitting at a light. Once it you give some fuel it goes away until the RPM's come back down.

More to follow...(after the Tech comes back from lunch...)Edited by: WanaDmxsub

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got a call from the dealer...If you quessed, stuck injector you win the prize

Now lets see how long it takes to get the truck back.

Also, with out me even saying anything they have allready arranged for a rental (that should be fun, NOT).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Did the early '04 engine have an injector redesign? I haven't kept up with all the improvements, but this area has been a problem worthy of tweaking.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So I guess the national back order is over.

JESS

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray403Dmax,

I would have to agree with "Mackin"

dmaxalliTech,

Thanks, They said they recieved 5 injectors today and are expecting 3 more on Monday.

Diesel mechanic has been in training the last 2 days. They said he will start on my truck Monday.

·
Registered
692 Posts
WanaDmxsub said:
The truck only has 884 miles on it and it's back to the dealer we go...

From the workorder,

OP 523, Type WP94, Customer states oil leaks.

Yea, thats what I said. I also showed them the puddle of oil next to the R/F tire that developed while we where talking.

OP 500, Type WP94, Customer states the engine has bad vibration.

Yep, that was me also. I let the service rep get in and start the motor, Her words where "never felt that before". (just so that you know this service rep. has been there for at least 10 years, that I know of)

Eric, What are those OP and Type codes? Also thanks for the TSP's. I didn't have time to trace the leak myself but it looks like it may be from the oil cooler/front of the motor.

When I dropped off the truck they said they couldn't work on it for about a week because they where so busy. My response was "Are you telling me that I can drive this truck for a week with an oil leak like that?" Suddenly they found an open bay and said that once the tech comes back from lunch they will have a look at it. "It could just be a loose connection", they said.

The vibration is the "change rattling" one that some of you talk about. It only happens once the motor is has warmed-up and is idling or sitting at a light. Once it you give some fuel it goes away until the RPM's come back down.

More to follow...(after the Tech comes back from lunch...)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the truck back. The only thing that I’m not happy about (aside from the fact that my brand new truck had to go back to the dealer for warranty work) is that the “service advisor” gave me 2 different stories about what was wrong and a third version on the invoice that I got back. Now what do I believe? Nothing makes me madder than someone giving me a line of BS instead of just telling me “we’re not sure exactly what is wrong but we are working on it” or “we found one problem, fixed it and then found another”.
I did find the mechanic that worked on the truck, shook his hand and said thanks. <st1:time Hour="17" Minute="0">5pm</st1:time> on a Thursday and he's the only one working, looked like he was getting ready to drop a tranny from an' older Blazer.

From the Invoice;
884 RETURN LINE/INJECTOR WP/577 SCANNED, NO CODES, OIL LEAKING OUT OF VENT TUBE CHECKED OIL LEVEL, WAY OVERFULL, HAS A LOT OF FUEL IN CRANKCASE. CALLED TAC CASE # ******* WAS INSTRUCTED TO PERFORM VACUUM CHECK AND HIGH SIDE PRESSURE DIAGNOSIS. FOUND DRIVERS SIDE BANK NOT HOLDING VACUUM, REMOVED DRIVERS SIDE VALVE COVER UPPER AND LOWER, REMOVED INJECTOR RETURN LINE PIPE ASSY, FOUND DEFECTIVE GASKET AND INJECTOR SEALING SURFACE ON #4 INJECTOR REPLACED #4 INJECTOR, RETURN LINE ASSY AND GASKETS. PERFORMED HIGH SIDE PRESSURE DIAGNOSIS FOUND PASS SIDE BANK RETURNING EXCESS FUEL REMOVED DRIVER SIDE UPPER AN LOWER VALVE COVERS, FOUND #5 INJECTOR RETURNING EXCESSIVE FUEL, REPLACED #5 INJECTOR. REASSEMBLED BOTH SIDES UPPER AND LOWER VALVE COVERS. REPLACED OI AND OIL FILTER. STEAMED UNDERSIDE OF <st1:Street><st1:address>VEHICLE ROAD</st1:address></st1:Street> TESTED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts