Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive edited my original post to remove speculation on some products insalled on my truck as they were clearly not part of the problem.. the problem is listed a few posts down... thanks for looking

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
No.

Can you explain in a little more detail what you mean by "I found oil in the engine side"? Do you have any codes? What are the symptoms of the bad injector?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Oil build up in the EGR cooler pipe when the EGR is blocked is common and does no harm. The oil comes from the PCV and settles here and in the bottom of the intercooler.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i goofed guys and Im sorry.... I said fingers stick but i meant the egr blocker plate. so to reiterate Ive done no wiring mods and have no fingers gear on my truck sans the blocker plate.

lakingslayer- i talked with fingers via PM today and gave him the whole story so here it is... I started up a short hill warm and empty, the truck suddenly dropped all power, check engine lit up, and the truck sounded like an old 70's flat head diesel motor. I pulleed to the side and shut down. checked codes with predator, had 5....
2 were insufficient flow on egr system, this is normal due to the blocker plate
2 were injector failure or malfunction, I cant remember and was stressed and forgot to write them down
1 was an unknown code again didnt write any P's down...

I took the plate out and several ounces of oil came out... normal

had truck towed home where i finished the removal of plate and took out program. had predator in but no tune, just to set the tire size. From the time i shut down at around 9:40 am to the time i fired up, around 12:30 was about 3 hours... when i turned the truck over, no problem and none since.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with regard to the OEM harness?? no. other than that ive not added any aftermarket wiring of any kind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.