Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to order some oil filters from fleetfilters and the filters they use are Napa gold by Wix. Are these good filters and how do they compare to the AC Delco oil filters.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
i use carquest brand (wix) and i like them. have also used delco. can't go wrong with either (watch out for fram)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I like Baldwin's B1441

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that Baldwin makes a great filter unfortunatly fleetfilter doesnt sell those. I was just curious if the Napa gold ones are equivelent to the Baldwins and Delcos

·
Registered
146 Posts
I really like the Napa Gold filters (WIX) I was told that they were the best due to their ability to bypass if the filter becomes plugged. whereas Fram doesn't have that feature. IMO

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really like the Napa Gold filters (WIX) I was told that they were the best due to their ability to bypass if the filter becomes plugged. whereas Fram doesn't have that feature. IMO
I Just cut open a fram two weeks ago. and they do have an internal bypass set to around 14psi. but i still wouldn't recommend using them. because with the extended drain intervals of the dmax these filters look as if they would come apart after 3000 miles due to the cardboard ends (cheaply made filter) IMO . i would recommend the baldwin or the wix (napa) and also the dmax has an internal bypass to protect against clogged filters so the bypass in the filter shouldn't be a concern.

·
Registered
668 Posts
What's up with those AC oil filters. Even with the EGR blocker plate my oil would be black within 700 mi. I started using Purolator and the oil stays cleaner looking for 3 or 4000 mi's.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yea the wix filters cost 5 bucks, beats 12bucks for acdelco and even at a 5 a piece you can change the filters twice in one oil change and still save a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Have been using FRAM FILTERS all my driving life and not one problem.( 50 + yrs )

arm
Fram USE to be good filters. When they got bought by Allied Signal they turned into crap. My son use to think they were fine. He started using wix in his gas cars and noticed the oil stays cleaner longer. YMMV.

Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone try Purolator Pureone I have heard that they are rated very well.
I was reading about them on the Bobstheoilguy site as well as others. I am going to try it next.

·
Registered
641 Posts
How about the mobil One filters? Any good?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts