Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering what you thought on what type of oil filter i should use on my trucki saw that K&N has one for a prety good price. should i use an oem or is there a good after market performance filter for a good price. thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
firemanglfd said:
Hey guys i was wondering what you thought on what type of oil filter i should use on my trucki saw that K&N has one for a prety good price. should i use an oem or is there a good after market performance filter for a good price. thanks

I used Napa filters untill my last Oil change..then I used a K & N I don't see spending the x-tra for a OEM

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dose the k&n filter work good because the price is prety good and i like the air filters they make

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't tell a difference in power but the price was right and K&N has a good name

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont want to use a crapy filter even if i have to pay good$ for a good filter dose any one know of a good dual filter system

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wix makes an excellent filter which incidentaly makes napa Gold filters. Hastings/Baldwin also makes excellent filters. As for K&N I havent seen the guts of those or have even seen comparisons to their product for oil so I am dubious as to the quality as they market quite heavily
. I can only believe that the Motorcraft is good since Ford relies on it right off the assembly line and in their service bays, remember they have to cover that warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The bad things I have heard about putting a K&N air filter on a PSD would probably make me leery of using their oil filter. My opinion is that unless you really did a big time filter system upgrade, then the Motorcraft oil filter is the way to go. Ten bucks and every Wal-Mart has them.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts