Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody know the specs for our oil filter mount? Is it a 3/4 inch 16 threads? I am just tired of getting a bath in oil with every change and want to remote mount a filter/filters. Looking at adapter plates and want to make sure I am looking at the right thing.

thank you

·
Registered
889 Posts
GM is 13/16 size can't remember pitch. Go to baldwin filter's website and look up specs on a B6. It'll give you thread and gasket diameter too.

Now it gets tricky if you want to take off the 4x4 adapter. You'll have to use the knipple that on the filter end of the adapter. The banjo bolt that holds the adapter on is a male bolt with metric threads on my '97. The knipple on the 4x4 adapter has metric male for the block and sae male for the filter.

You can do a search there are a couple of posts on remote mount filters bypass and regular.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,193 Posts
13/16-16

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

I appreciate the info guys. And here I thought I'd actually be able to do something really simple...metric and SAE... Lawyers and Engineers!

I'll go back to the Search and if I find other info on the procedure...couldn't find the specs that way but I've missed stuff before...I was under the impression that I could just screw an adapter plate where the filter normally goes and then go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts