Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have oil dripping from the front passenger side CAC hose...
I have had this problem before and it turned out to be a power steering hose and it was replaced last May and my garage floor stayed clean until a few weeks ago...I took my truck in when I noticed it happening again, because I assumed the p/s hose blew again. I was told my p/s hose was fine, but they had found my oil filter was loose.
My truck was exhibiting some of the same symptoms as before (Hard to turn steering wheel when stopped and low fluid level in power steering pump) so I was a little suspect of their trouble shooting methods..
Also if I am not mistaken the oil filter is on the driver's side, near the back of the engine...How is a leak from there going to travel all the way to the front opposite side?? Anyway they cleaned it up, tightened oil filter and charged me a half hour...
I havn't driven my truck much since I had it in the dealer, but once again my garage floor is getting oily.
I am taking it back in tomorrow morning and they are going to look at it again...
What do you guys think it might be??
I usually run my Hypertech on level 3 all the time, but I drive like an old Grandpa to get good fuel economy, so I can't see any overboost problems blowing the CAC boot loose, plus I don't hear anything different when I do "get on it"..
Could it be an EGR problem?? And if so is it covered?? I have never messed with the Egr motor or anything else except for my Hypertech.
Thanks for any help...
Rod

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well is it oil or power steering fluid on the floor? there is a difference. ;)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Could be oil from the pcv system.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well is it oil or power steering fluid on the floor? there is a difference. ;)
Once it gets mixed with all the grit around here it is hard to tell the difference anymore...

·
Registered
894 Posts
:duh:put something on the floor under your motor so it drips on it instead of the grit. Ya gotta know what it is before you can fix it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

Had my truck in to a G.M.C. dealer this morning and I finally got validated... I have been telling the last two Chevrolet dealers about the service bulliten about the CAC boot seepage...I had to pay $140.00 to have a power steering hose replaced, that now I am questioning whether or not was needed.Anyway after one mechanic couldn't find anything, they let me go back and point out the area where the drip was happening...They brought over another mechanic who looked at the boot and said "Yeah I read a service bulliten about this"...and proceeded to tell the mechanic looking at my truck all about it...Long story short...I take it back in Wednesday and they are going to fix it under warranty (G.M.C. dealer fixing a Chevy under warranty)...Cool!!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts