Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend before I changed the allison spin-on filter, I did a quick look under the truck. I normally do these before oil changes, but for the last 20k miles I have had a shop do the oil changes. So, I don't remember these oil spots the last time I did the oil change? Anyway, what do you guys think? The oil on the engine block was dark/ black, kinda thin but no diesel smell. Truck does not use oil between changes and my warm oil idle (in gear with brake on) pressure is 25-27 lbs. Greater when cold. At 65 mph/2000 rpms 60+ lbs.

Thanks for looking!:ro)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I couldn't view the pictures, but is it on the passenger side, towards the front of the engine. The engine breather system has a breather hose the exits on the front of the engine.

Could be that.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't view the pictures, but is it on the passenger side, towards the front of the engine. The engine breather system has a breather hose the exits on the front of the engine.

Could be that.
Pics work fine on this end.

The oil spots are on the front oil pan, just above the seam and below the crank pulleys. On the rear, the oil spots are on the engine block, oil pan, and front of trans. The spots start just below the bolt in line with oil filter bracket.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same problem and the dealer said my breather tube fell and started dumping the same oil looking mess all over the front of the block and pan. They said they tied up the tube again and i havent had a problem since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts