Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started on the R&R of the oil cooler today for one from a 17-19 L5P. Also doing belt,idlers, new coolant tank and I cannot remember what else.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it all done and after a 40 mile test drive no leaks so far. Not having the low coolant light on will take some getting used to.

PS: Have I ever mentioned to you guys how much I hate the fan shroud ?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every single time I have to restrain myself from throwing it in the wood chipper.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For all the fear mongering change your oil every other month clowns here is yet more proof my engine is not sludging up. Both of the oil ports on the cooler are spotless at 475,000 miles with extended UOA up to 40,000 miles.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LCAC_Man

·
Registered
898 Posts
Take your valve covers off so we can get a better idea of how much sludge you have ;)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take your valve covers off so we can get a better idea of how much sludge you have ;)
It was spotless under there at 300,000 miles when the head gaskets were done so I am confident it is still very clean.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have about 1,100 miles since install and still no leaks. I might have picked up 5 PSI in hot oil pressure. Right now I have 50 PSI hot highway cruising. I did not double check beforehand but I remember it being around 45 PSI in the same conditions.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LCAC_Man

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
How hard was the install of the oil cooler?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How hard was the install of the oil cooler?
Not to bad except for being a little messy. You need to go slow so you do not dump coolant/oil on your head. When using the 17-19 L5P cooler you will need 2 longer bolts but all the gaskets are the same.

Reactions: Joey D
1 - 11 of 11 Posts