Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New LLY, changed oil and filter at 850 miles, and plan on changing this weekend at around 3,100. Had the truck about a month now, checked oil tonight, it is in the middle of the stick!! When I changed it at 850, I made sure it was full. Is this something to worry about? Hopefully just part of break in?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Engines require a period of time to BREAK IN so that moving parts are properly seated. Therefore, oil economy should not be tested until the vehicle has accumulated at least 6400 km (4000 mi). An exception would be allowed only if an engine is reported to be using more than 0.946 liter (1 qt) in 1600 km (1000 mi).

This is right out of the GM service information mainframe reference GM bull#01-06-01-011A

·
Registered
692 Posts
this is the same issue for the turbo i replaced. check your oil and you couls losten the turbo charge air cooler pipe (blue rubber hose or black rubber hose )turbo out let intake inlet losten the clamp pull off and check if any oil is passing into it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm gonna change it tomarrow and really keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 2,200 miles on mine and it hasn't used any oil, Still full.

I thought it woild use a little, but I am supprised to see it hasn't yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
LLY DMAX said:
I have 2,200 miles on mine and it hasn't used any oil, Still full.

I thought it woild use a little, but I am supprised to see it hasn't yet.

I have 2167.5 on my billhilly cadillac and it hasn't used any motor oil, stil full. However the transmission is low. I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for them to recheck all the fluid levels.

Edited by: Melvin Hatcher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts