Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard diferent things how many miles between oil changes on my 7.3L powerstroke

·
Registered
292 Posts
I run 15/40 Dello 400 brand. I run my oil change to 6,000 miles. Ford says in the winter time you can use like a 10W30 but I never have. I have some friends that ran that and they changed their oil at 3,000 miles with that lighter weight oil. It appeared to be ok. But you only want to run that when its cold out side. My 15/40 always looks fairly clean when I change it at 6,000 miles. When you have a ford like these that holds 14 quarts it takes quite a bit to brake down the oil. I usto drive truck and ran the same oil in my 475 cat engine and we ran it to 12,000 miles. I tried rotella 15/40 once and my truck used 1 gallon of oil betweene changes so I switched to the dello. I guess everyone likes their own brand but im stuck on mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My one budy say's to use rotella every 3,000 miles and another says every 5,000 miles. I just want to make my truck last as long as posable

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've used Rotella every 5k. No problems with it so far. I have a 2000 stroker with 80k miles. Seems to be your own personal preference as to what is best.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the more input i can get and recamendations on what i can do to my psd the better thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well well...sorry, I couldn't cast my vote, as there was no category for those of us running synthetic and a dual by-pass filtration system.

I'm at close to 60,000 miles on my Amsoil synthetic oil now, and my oil analysis comes up fine each and every time. I haven't done an oil change for a couple of years now, but I do change my full flow filter every 15,000, and the by-pass filter every 30,000.

The Amsoil by-pass filtration removes particles as small as 1/10 of a micron, virtually eliminating engine wear. As I say, I back this up with an oil analysis at every full flow filter change, and will continue to run this way until the analysis tells me its time to change, or if 100K...whichever comes first.

I personally have my dual filters located "behind" my transfer case of my truck, as I have a Supercab, so there is lots of additional space there, plus they are easy to locate for changes.

Looks like I'm the first on this poll to be doing this, but I plan on keeping my F250 Powerstroke for a very long time, thus will definitely save in the long run.

Dale

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a 99 ' powerstroke, if you refer to your owners manual as all of you should have you will see that Ford recommends the oil be changed at 4500 miles. I change mine at 4000 miles as I have alot of idle time during the winter months in COLD conditions ... I live in Alaska... I use delo 400 15-40 from march to october then delo 10-30 in the winter as Ford suggests. Remember that maintaining the vehicles fluids properly * changing them regularly and with quality products * is the least expensive and best insurance you can buy for a long and happy relationship with that investment

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I worked the truck hard and did a lot of towing, I would change mine sooner, say at 3000. If I never towed much of anything and did most operation on the open highway, I would let it go a longer, say 4000 or 5000.........

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't vote either, I am running Mobil Delvac 1300 non synthetic, I usually run 10K on oil changes.

I don't run a bypass filter, but I am using a Fleegaurd LF9027 with does some bypass filtration.

I believe the oil will tell you when it needs to be changed, I can run 6K without adding a drop, get up around 9K I need a quart. If I can run 6K and not use a drop, the oil must be breaking down around 9K.

I ran 300K on the last one before I dumped it, no ill effects.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I change mine at 4000, but remember that other componants need more attention, tie rod ends, u joints, ball joints, ect. I bring my truck in for grease check fluid levels and to just look over things at 2000 miles. A little PM can go a long way.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
every time I pass 5000 miles, I get white smoke which I assume is from the anti-foaming agent running out and the injectors therefor not working right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts