Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,192 Posts
Great looking UOA, great oil. 12K would be easily attainable barring any outside contamination.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I am extremely pleased with Mobil Delvac Super 15W40 and the ac delco filters. It is so inexpensive to change your own oil and it appears to be taking good care of my engine. Here's to hoping.

:beerchug:

· Registered
4,016 Posts
With that kind of awesome results, I'd do 10k miles without thinking twice. It seems that even further is possible, but UOA's should be done along the way. Now that you've got a Fumoto valve, you should be able to do UOA's, and only change when your TBN drops to low, and/or the contaminants get too high. Right now, (and it's only preliminary with 2 UOA's), you look to EASILY be able to cover 10k mile OCIs! My suggestion would be to do a UOA at 7.5k miles, just to see how the fluid is doing, but (presumably) not change oil. Then do one at 10k miles. Then at 12.5k miles, and so on, until you establish a reliable pattern. At some point the oil will have to be changed, but your two UOAs certainly speak well of the fluid, the truck, and your driving habits.

BTW, more proof that CJ-4 oils, and Devlac in particular, are really proving to be excellent fluids.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Newton, glad you chimed in. I guess the oil does look impressive. I wonder how far you could take it? It certainly shattters the 3000mi myth doesn't it. I am still doing mainly highway driving at pretty good speeds. I am glad that it appears that the engine is wearing well, and I hope that it gets better over time as I belive diesels do.

· Registered
6,381 Posts
Hey slacker, was this the non-synthetic mobil1 right?

That's what I'm running in my truck now, I'm changing at 5k intervals. Sounds like it's doing a good job!

· Registered
4,016 Posts
Yes, that's the "dino" fluid; the Mobil Delvac 1300 is a fine group II product.

There is no such thing as a "non-synthetic mobil1"; all the Mobil 1 products are synthetic.

· Registered
6,381 Posts
Dang, that's really a good product.
I bought amsoil and it seems the moment I bought it I started seeing oil analysis's pop up saying to change it at the same 5k I change my mobil1 at... This stuff's expensive, if it's not going to be a benefit I'll run the 'dino'.

Thanks DNewton! (and Slacker!)

· Registered
6,381 Posts

· Registered
4,016 Posts
agreed

· Registered
122 Posts
Slacker,
I have found you!!!!!!!
Glad to see you are a diesel fanatic!
Keep in touch

· Registered
979 Posts
WTf - Reading the thread then realize it's 3 years old.......

;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.