Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all love to eat and for many of us our trucks take us way off the beaten path. I love to cook using whats around me. (for the most part). Thought we could all share some meals we have prepared while hunting, or camping, or just in the back yard. :D This is in northern AZ around the Mogollon rim.

Here is how I like to cook ribs.

With a belly of whiskey and ribs. :ylsmoke:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only drink Bourbon Whiskey, as my home is Bardstown Ky anything other tha that would be uncivilized.... but we always bring both. ;)

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
<drool>

I love ribs. I have a few smokers in my backyard and like to slow smoke them for 8-9 hours before finishing. Definately a labor of love but they're sooooooo good.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Have had plenty, and it has a smooth finish to it. When I am feeling spendy I will get some Woodford Reserve... So smooth. I prefer it straight over ice. If is hot I will add some ginger ale.

<drool>

I love ribs. I have a few smokers in my backyard and like to slow smoke them for 8-9 hours before finishing. Definately a labor of love but they're sooooooo good.
I have a big red brick smoker I built in my back yard, I will post picks soon.

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Is that up by Clint's Well?

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Van Winkle! Now you have to live high on the hog to drink that stuff! Smooth as a new born's ass.

Its on the other side of the Rim. Off forest road 300 past the town of Strawberry.

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
Is that up by Clint's Well?
Van Winkle! Now you have to live high on the hog to drink that stuff! Smooth as a new born's ass.

Its on the other side of the Rim. Off forest road 300 past the town of Strawberry.
and good luck finding it. Limited release. The just released this years batch and it is gone already in my neck of the woods

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
your ribs look great, but your fire could so easily light all the grass around it :(

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
and good luck finding it. Limited release. The just released this years batch and it is gone already in my neck of the woods
I just happened to stumbled upon one. Good clean living pays off once in awhile. ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
your ribs look great, but your fire could so easily light all the grass around it :(
True, the snow drifts had just melted and everything was pretty wet, we stayed close though and kept a good eye. Next time maybe I'll dig a small trench around the pit for good measure. The fire was also on top of a rock and not directly on the ground.

You can still see the snow, was also around 80, only a couple weekends a year with snow and 80's in AZ:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts