Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading all of the posts about bad injectors and the bad OEM fuel filters. What I would like to know is what % of dmax trucks have injector issues before 100K?

Does Ford and Dodge have the same issues with the same % failure rate?

Not sure if anyone has this data or if a poll has been performed in the past.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It would also be interesting to know the % of injector failure after secondary filter installation?

·
Registered
186 Posts
And throw % of failures with and without additives into this.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
That's a similar question I have asked in the past. It's not something available to the public and it's not really possible to put anything together with what you read on the forums.

I know one thing though. The new Ford 6.0 PSD made the mainstream news about injector issues. The Duramax... after three years, has never had a bad story written about it. You have to remember there are literally hundreds of thousands of Dmaxes out there today and many have gone over the 100,000 mile mark with no issues. It's a matter of statistics. Be sure to take note anybody with injector issues... are they completely stock?

What concerns me is dmaxalliTechs post about GM knowing there are problems. We are fortunate to even get that much info from the inside. As far as how widespread? WHo knows. Apparently there's an injector supply issue but we don't really know the reason. Could be rising production levels taxing injector availability or high replacement numbers or both.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tough survey as those under warranty don't "bi#*!" much as they are not paying for the repair. My problems started at 117,000 and just continued after that.

Neighbor did have two injectors replaced on his 7.6 Powerstroker and they were under warranty. He now approaches 80K on the "generation 3" Cummins with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts