1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
very interesting indeed!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In that I can't seem to view TDP ~ seeing the pix, however I wonder if he retained the water removal feature somehow?

·
Registered
868 Posts
But if GM does not bless the conversion, warranty issues?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't know if it is the ultimate solution......

I'm wondering if secondary filtration located
in close proximity to the engine is the best
option.

The frame mounted pre-OEM filtration has produced
the best results so far.......

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think the BEST solution would be a 2 micron OEM filter element. Only problem with the adaptor is the CAT filter does not have provisions for the water sensor and water drain valve. Personally I would not worry about it, but you know how dealers can be with warranty claims.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pick said:
I think the BEST solution would be a 2 micron OEM filter element. Only problem with the adaptor is the CAT filter does not have provisions for the water sensor and water drain valve. Personally I would not worry about it, but you know how dealers can be with warranty claims.

Unscrew the adapter, unscrew the CAT filter, screw on the stock OEM filter and take it in for service, problem solved...... When the truck is repaired put it back on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I sure would like to put a 2 micron filter on the OEM...I've already got a Nictane cat pre-OEM and I think double filtering down to 2 microns would be some CLEAN stuff

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like a pretty neat alternative to me. Need to get someone to make up a bunch or those to try.

Mark

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I'm leaning towards 56nomad.. I think it is a great idea, but i think the best #'s will still be yielded close to the stock tank. perhpas an adapter to a better racor would even be better..

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I think it's a great idea(adapter or a better Racor). I just wonder how well it will work. Anyhow if it does, and they become mass produced I'll break out the credit card and give it a whirl.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Put me down for one! Neat idea.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Regarding having a 2 micron and then another very effective 2 micron filter in the system; the result would be a definate synergism. Each of these filters is a very high percentage efficiency in terms of removal of the 2 micron and larger particle. By presenting the secondary filter a cleanliness level with 95% of the +2 micron particles removed enables the secondary filter to be even more efficient, especially in the <10 micron range. And yes, some super clean, efficient diesel fuel. As I have previously mentioned, my diesel Supreme is now running an ISO of 12/10/8 and with each increment of cleanliness I achieved, a noticeable positive change in performance. It's worth it!
George Morrison, STLE CLS
AV Lubricants Inc.
Columbus, Ohio
614-492-2000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts