Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the purpose of the resonator on the intake tube is? Without going to an aftermarket intake, what will happen if I pull the rubber boot off of where it goes to the black box (where it says 6.6 diesel) and plug it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Besides being a resonator it is also considered an air reservoir. When I was running the stock intake I pulled it and plugged it with a plumbing cap. Might have been in my head but, I thought it added alittle more whistle. Nothing else.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
GMCTRUCK said:
Besides being a resonator it is also considered an air reservoir. When I was running the stock intake I pulled it and plugged it with a plumbing cap. Might have been in my head but, I thought it added alittle more whistle. Nothing else.

It was it your head it was your clutch slippin'

T
NY

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
its just a baffle to reduce noise. Look at some of the air boxs on GM cars and you will think it supposed to be a bose radio with all the bends in it. It all just there to baffle the noise. Remember, not all Dmax owners like that turbo whistle that makes US giddy.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear, so I take it I won't do any harm or set off any codes.. The more whistle the better!
Next up, destroying the stock airbox.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
GMCTRUCK said:

It was it your head it was your clutch slippin'

T
NY

My clutch is fine. You just worry about T
NY. Or should I start calling you Jan; "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha"
Edited by: GMCTRUCK

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Bringing back an old post.......

Anyone figure out how to make more noise? I have a UNI filter w/a swisscheesed box on my 03 and do notice a bit more noise but not enough. I took the big old honking air resivor deal off and used a bit of ducttape to seal the port and put the dude back on there and didnt really notice much difference?

Any ideas how to get more noise without getting an AFE set up? I dont think I want to drop the $$$ for more noise right now.

The Juice seemes to add more whine than anything I have done thus far

Heck.....she might be screaming, but I cant really hear it inside. I dont really think my exhuast is loud but I've got some looks before

1 - 8 of 8 Posts