Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the stealer for a price on a fuel filter and air filter. He asked for my vin to see if I had a high capacity air filter or not. He said I did.

So, fuel filter = $35 (not bad)

But, the high cap air filter is $57:eek:

Wouldn't all the newer Dmax rigs have a high capacity air filter? Seems a couple vendors here have the air filter for 1/2 price???? Are these the same thing?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
wdlfbio;1603292; said:
Called the stealer for a price on a fuel filter and air filter. He asked for my vin to see if I had a high capacity air filter or not. He said I did.

So, fuel filter = $35 (not bad)

But, the high cap air filter is $57:eek:

Wouldn't all the newer Dmax rigs have a high capacity air filter? Seems a couple vendors here have the air filter for 1/2 price???? Are these the same thing?
All Duramaxes of the same year have the same filters. I would suggest you get your filters from www.fleetfilter.com. They are a supporting vendor for the site, have great prices and use Napa Gold (Wix) filters. I'm about to order some oil and fuel filters right now. I just went to the local Allison dealer and picked up a few spin ons at about $7.75 each for those. I would recommend you get to your Allison service center if you need filters for the trans.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's not bad, our dealer sells them for $103.00.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
That what the 06s+ cost you can get them at FF for $35 IIRC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.