Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am looking for the part number for the gauge pod on the dash of a 6500 and up trucks. It holds 4 guages insted of 2 with a cubby hole. Also would like to know who has a good online parts guide for medium duty IE 4500's truck to show parts pics and prices. GM , acdelco do this but not for 4500's and up trucks. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2005Kodiak, is this what you are looking for? I know you said C6500, but your sig. says C4500 :rolleyes: . If so the part # for part #8 (sorry for the bad scan, could not figure out how to get it any better :mad: ) is 21995828, and just so you know 3 of 4 holes are 2-1/4 and one hole has a flat side or bottom, dont remember which. I paid $13.71 + tax at my local GM dealer. Hope this helps.

Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nsltspc;1596386; said:
2005Kodiak, is this what you are looking for? I know you said C6500, but your sig. says C4500 :rolleyes: . If so the part # for part #8 (sorry for the bad scan, could not figure out how to get it any better :mad: ) is 21995828, and just so you know 3 of 4 holes are 2-1/4 and one hole has a flat side or bottom, dont remember which. I paid $13.71 + tax at my local GM dealer. Hope this helps.

Eric
yes sir, thats perfect. sorry for the confusion yes i have a 4500 but i am looking to install the 6500 gauge pod. Thanks again. where did you get the scanned image, Online? thanks z.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2005Kodiak, I got the scanned image from my dealer, I also have a full part # break down for that page, but as I said before nothing was cooperating with me and the scanner. If you want a copy of either PM me and I can fax you a set. When I bought by C4500 I bought a full set of service manuals, probably the most confusing set of books I own :confused:. I was hoping it would include a part blow up w/ numbers, but it doesn't. :mad: I have found allot of adobe doc's online, but the part blow ups # numbers is not one of them. I will keep looking, and if I ever find something I will post it for sure.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gauge Package

i wanted the gauge cluster but the dealer said that the harness is different from the trucks ordered without the gauges. i would have to change the wiring harness? is he full of it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
reidscycle, on my truck I had factory ordered the trans temp gauge, and the air filter restriction guage as shown in the picture. I just wanted a well lit guage so I replaced the trans temp, and added a led light to the air restriction gauge. I guess their both more for show for me. When I did the trans temp install I used the factory sender wires to the dash. I was able to confirm they went straight from the sender to the dash because I have a full set of service manuals. I had to install the pyro sender & boost vac. hose for the other two. While I was in the dash I noticed that just about all blanked up locations had some sort of harnes with various plug ends taped back for future use. I would then assume that these plugs are for the options availiable on other models. I would look in my service manuals for a second mention of a wire harness, but it is not an easy read. :mad: So with all this said I guess it depends on what gauges you want to install.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gauge Package

i'd like them all. i'll have to go to my dealer and see if will work. my dash has the 4 blanks for them and no cubby hole. maybe it's wired already. thank you for reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.