NAPA GOLD 3810
RACOR INF4598
WARNER LFF8736
WIX 33810
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any of these believed or tested to work better than the OEM filter?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are all the same filter made by Racor.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks Hoot that's real helpful

Is that NAPA number only good at stores??? Online it shows as a honing stone and doing a Fuel Filter search comes back empty??

Any cross reference on the tranny filter yet??Edited by: FirstDiesel

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Hoot

The Donaldson filter number P550517. I call a buddy of mine at Donaldson and Racor makes these for Donaldson, probably for everyone. The Donaldson works fine for me and cost less being a Donaldson Distributor.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I recently spoke to WIX and they stated that they were not allowed to make the filter for our Dmax. Otherwire they would. They said they have to buy it from Racor and paint it themselves. Guess we need to find out when the patent expires? Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
509 Posts
FYI, NAPA Silver and Gold oil filters are actually WIX. I assume the same holds true for thew fuel filters as the numbers are almost identical. I guess the one exception would be the D-Max filter.Edited by: Oldman

·
Registered
747 Posts
That is correct Oldman. All NAPA brand filters are Wix except for a few that Wix does not make. Any of the OEM filters for the Duramax from NAPA are Wix brand filters. And as stated above the NAPA fuel filter is a Racor rebadge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts