Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

1st Oem Filter very easy to change on 03 from the top with out taking battery out.. Just remove the blue top hose and push pipe to side and there is room to get to everything took 20 mins

Next::::::::::::::::

You guys had me on me standing on my head about this oem filter.. We just change it out at 5,000 miles on personal rig.. and my friend cut this open with this tool in a few min's Good news .. All together and NO RUST and no water in the Fuel.. He had some kind of test strips to test for water.. When i pulled it out we dump the fuel into a clean cup .. There was dirt on the fuel filter not real bad..It looks like this filter is doing its job..Still going to put 2nd filters on our fleet when GM comes out with there OEM kit

Next :: Where is the heater on this filter.. When i pulled out filter i had 2 wires ony for the water Sensor

From steve
Fleet

·
Registered
994 Posts
I believe the heater is in the fuel filter head.

The two OEM fuel filters I have removed from my truck and cut open looked perfect inside. Yet others members filters that have be posted looked totally gross. My conclusion is the fuel I am purchasing is of better quality with no water present. Probably the same in your case.

I have routinely checked both of my fuel filters for water. Never found any.

Just a little worried when I found some of the my unused fuel filters on the shelf in my garage had spot rust on them. This can be corrected by inspecting prior to installation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello all

We keep all are filters in our house.. We live in south fl and most of the time the ac is on in our house.. WE put all our filters in zip lock bags when we get them.. So far no rust on them..

From steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts