Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be all invalved in putting OEM camper mirrors on my truck. Is the wiring all ready thare or will i have to go to GM and pick up every thing.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vol3500;1598109; said:
I don't know about the wiring but the mirrors aren't cheap.
yea, i know the dealer charges like $500 more for them.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Should be plug-an-play. Could require a trip to the dealer for a reprogram depending on the mirrors you have now. A search for "06 camping mirrors" should answer all your questions.

They are the same price and in some case's cheaper than aftermarket with the same functions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have power & turn signal mirrors now they should be a direct swap. I just took off a set & replaced them with regular sized power mirrors & took about an hour.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
You don't say what mirrors you have now, so we really cannot answer your question accurately

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got the power & turn signal mirrors.

·
Registered
804 Posts
My power folding mirrors had issues with the retracting and extending, im sure this could have been solved by reprograming the ?bcm? though.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Zebler;1599162; said:
ive got the power & turn signal mirrors.
You probably have heat, too. Turn on your rear window defroster and see if the mirrors heat up any. But it doesn't matter. The OEM '06 Tow Mirrors will plug right in where your old ones were and everything will work. No re-flash or re-program needed. Mine didn't have the turn signals in them, but they do now. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts