Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of OEM alloy rims (take-offs) from my local dealer with bridgestone duravis M773II tires mounted. Any opinions on these? I am wondering whether I should run with them or swap on my existing michelin's...

thanks,

jeffEdited by: dmax lover

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had no problems with mine. They work well in heavy water and are quiet. Have no idea about the snow. I plan on wearing them out.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have the steeltex AT tires. The 373s are the replacement, but I think in name only. The tread is the same.

I plan on wearing my set out. They are fine in water, but are losing it as the tread goes away. For snow they are fine too. Mud or wet grass sucks with them. They are adequate, but I know there are betters. You have them, so why not wear them out. Since they are mounted already they should be a great balance from the factory.

20K on them and I won't make winter with them. Should have 35K by October, and they will be too thin for my comfort.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Swapped mine out with a set of Michelins at 500 miles!! If you have a set of Michelins, I would mount them up and sell the Bridgestones and never look back.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think the steeltex ATs are "the same" as the Bridgestone 773s that I am looking at - I am selling them to a friend who has steeltex's on his truck now - we were parked side by side yesterday.

I too, pulled off my firestones, except I did it at 100 miles... My wife pulls a horse trailer with the rig - with a couple of very, very expensive horses in back. Too many stories of blowouts for me to ignore.

- jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts