Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the UNI Filter with OEM paper. made a very noticeable decrease in interior cab noise. Now have K&N and UNI spare filters in the tool box.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I suspect that many, many other people have done the same. I cant keep these things on the shelf. I have dried up every one of them with in 30 miles of me. I've sent out nearly 20 of them in the last week

·
Registered
713 Posts
Poor UPS man, Eric is Abusing him again!

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is interesting, I am running the Amsoil. How much power do you really think the OEM filter absorbs? Anybody tried this comparison on the dyno?Edited by: TraceF

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TraceF said:
This is interesting, I am running the Amsoil. How much power do you really think the OEM filter absorbs? Anybody tried this comparison on the dyno

Dont have any ides of how much power is lost. With the turbo air pumo there shouldn't be very much lost, if any.Edited by: Bill Gisse

·
Registered
340 Posts
TraceF said:
This is interesting, I am running the Amsoil. How much power do you really think the OEM filter absorbs? Anybody tried this comparison on the dyno?

Trace,

There were tests run about 2 years ago & the results were the OEM & NO filter were the same HP.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i think the turbo spools up a lil' quicker with the Amsoil versus the paper for me, at least I can hear the turbo more. no problems and everything looks clean, guess I will stick with the amsoil for a while.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My turbo spools up just fine with my stock paper filter. Maybe I'm to easy to please.-----------------------
--------Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts