Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
BKG-22

I wonder if the level on the stick would show "higher" after an oil change. What I mean is that it may be further up the stick than the highest mark. I was wondering the other day after changing mine just where it was on the stick. I know that it was at least as high as the highest mark, but where did it actually stop? If his oil is always clean it would be hard to tell if it was over the high mark. That might explain why it doesn't appear to be using any until it is bleow the highest mark. Just my .02

I have seen on other posts that the level can vary from stick to stick just make sure to use 10 quarts for a change w/filter.

Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
BKG-22

My comment about the dipsticks varying was one I remember reading in another thread. If he is putting in 10 he's not overfilling when changing out the filter also. IMO Maybe next change he could fill to the top mark and monitor? There is also another thread here that mentions drilling small holes in the dipstick at each level for an accurate reading. That really doesn't apply to his issue, just another thought.

As far as oil suggestions I can't be of much help there. I have run the Rotella 15-40 since new and just switched to their 5- 30(I think) synthetic (blend) which is around $12. It isn't a full synthetic but it seems better to run in the colder temps and the Oil pressure isn't real high at start up on these cold mornings.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.