Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here as I'm a newbie at this diesel stuff. Bought the truck a few months ago and became addicted to this site soon after. Thanks for the great site and loads of info (my wife doesn't have the same appreciation for the site after looking at my x-mas list
).

Question: This past weekend while driving home after the holiday my truck made a very weird and distrurbing noise when speed stayed at 85 mph or faster for more than 10-15 seconds. It sounded like the engine tick/rattle noise was turned up 10 fold. It happened 2 or 3 times... hope it's not anything serious. Any speed below 85 and the truck was a dream.

Thanks!!!!

KV

2003 GMC D/A CC -- totally stock for now

·
Registered
22 Posts
mine does the same thing, i think its some sort of power boost level. i am not for sure though.

·
Registered
939 Posts
KV-

I agree with Mac, it is most likey the Pilot Injection. Mine does the same thing, right around 2300 rpms or so...You should hear it when grade braking around 3500-4000rpms and you give it a little touch of the go baby pedal to get it to upshift!!! Just makes you appreciate GM being able to make it sound less like a diesel at the lower rpms!

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts