Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK AS i am sure you all know there is a big diesel convention at the OBX speedway coming up.

Me and some of my buddies will be going out there. My question is you guys can see by my signature that my truck has basic mods and a stock tranny.

For this event i have managed to scrounge a PPE xcellarator chip ( the first version 80, 120, 200hp tunes) I was gonna take my hypertech chip out and throw that in along with a boost adjuster.

My question to the masses is will the tranny hold for like three or for runs with that 200 hp tune. she has 46000 miles on it now and is running 35's

im kinda worried about this 4wd lauches and that chip hurting my babies tranny

any input would be great

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Pretty big tire. Id say your tranny is going to hate you:uhoh2: . The 4th to 5th shift is where your in trouble. Guess you can lift somewhat when it does to see if it makes it. Or try it once and if it makes it don't try it again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i am taking some what of a risk with that chip

·
Registered
445 Posts
its a risk ohhhh yeah. Can it hit it.. you betcha. I have noticed that running a good bit of power.. and you can keep your foot in it without a problem.. its when you let out of it and punch it.. or at least was in my case. might just be my case though.. so.. try it.. but have some backup in case you do

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so should i just go with my setup currently on there and role with it

i have a work truck for the day to day but i dont really wont to blow the tranny on the account of some peer pressure from my rival ford buddy

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just watch your 4th to 5th shifts. The alli will take what you have 1st-4th but 5th gear is the week point. Some will limp easier than others and some have gone as low 13's in the 1/4 mile on a stock tranny.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wouldn't worry much on the 1-3 shifts.. maybe the defuel option if your ppe has it.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The outlaw race is an 1/8 mile correct? If that's the case lock out fifth. With your big tires you shouldn't run out of gear if you have 3.73's in the rear.

It should be ok for a few runs. Your trans. will be pissed at you though.;)

Watch those high boost launches. You don't want to fry C1 because you aren't going anywhere if you do.;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
this track will hook harder than any track you have ever been on,and if your tranny doesnt hold we will have reps from SUNCOAST and ATSon hand to hook you up and perhaps even DTT as well...personally its bracket for your class i would run the hypertech and work on repeatable times

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it is 1/8 mile drags

how do i lock out fifth

do i just leave it on 3 or is there another way

i really want to run that ppe tune cause my buddy has a reg cab 6.0 powerstroke with those custom TS performance tunes and he talks so much **** about how fast his truck is i can keep with him with my bobo ars hypertech chip. I want to use that ppe chips so i can shut his ars up but i dont want it so bad that ill blow a tranny out for a pride shot.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The real question is do you want to drive it home or tow it. Dont load that tune if you want to drive it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MAX707;1603852; said:
The real question is do you want to drive it home or tow it. Dont load that tune if you want to drive it.
what kinda hp are running with your truck
i was lookin at all ppe stuff you have in your signature and i was curious

·
Registered
425 Posts
Haven't Dyno'd with my new Tunning, but the last Dyno run pryor was 506hp 1056tq #2. I think with my new tuning somwhere over 550. My trucks got a fuel leak so I'm cruisin in the LBZ for now. Wait till that things done in a month:D . It will be the LBZ to beat this summer:D .

·
Registered
9 Posts
it probably wont shift just hit the rev limiter!! just load a 150 tune because thats about all its gonna take even with a shift kit just retrain the trans when you get to the track and put it in tow-haul mode and it should shift at 150 it may bounce off the rev limiter but it will shift I got a powerstroke I,m supposed to race this weekend don't know wether to put in a 135 tune on the stealth or 150 with the van Aaken the 135 shifts for sure the 150 is kinda iffi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.