Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of folks take a laptop and a program to tweak settings on their LS1 cars or engines. They have programs that can do all kinds of stuff EVEN calibrate for the tire size.

Has anyone here checked into a way to hook up the dmax just to calibrate the tiresize?

There are a couple of programmers I want. The juice being the one most recomended. BUT since it will NOT calibrate tire size I am going to have to count it out at this point. If I can't delete the top speed limit and the tires it is really of no use. BUT if I can get a cable for 50 bucks and a program to do this then the juice will go back to the top.

Just something to think about.. I am going to check into this a little more.
Edited by: Lonewolf867

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sounds to me like you need a PREDATOR.

I have ordered an ELM 322 interface, and have downloaded a program called SCANTOOL. It is just a "look see" that allows you to view diagnostic codes, clear codes and reset the MIL.

·
Registered
369 Posts
whats the cost for that elm 322 interface and where did you get it, also what is "reset the MIL" ???? Will it run on a win 95 laptop? I got this laptop i use for programming my Mustang and want to be able to read and clear any codes that may pop up on my Dmax.

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pick, I have thought about the predator. My only concern is I have saw a few post about the EGT's being kinda high on the pred. I don't want to pop for a 4" exhaust at this time. I also am still deciding on what guages I want and talking the wife into it

Just calibrating the tire size right now is my biggest concern. Then I will go with a chip/programmer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Lonewolf,

The program you are referring to on the LS1's is LS1 edit. I believe their site is www.LS1edit.com , It's awesome, I don't think there is anything close to this for the Dmax.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I sent them an email a while back. They claim to be working on a program for the DMX and they will have information about it soon. I am with some of the other people here. I have done ALL of the programming for the other turbo cars that I have tuned and NOT being able to actually get into the maps and do my own tweaks and actually see what the fuel and timing maps are is frustrating to me. I will be a happy camper when someone modifies a programmer somewhere that will allow full visibility into the settings. You know that the people that are tuning these chips can do it. Just a question of time. Would be interesting to know how they are doing it right now. I would imagine that they have a custom interface or jus very good at reading the dumps.

Jess

·
Registered
490 Posts
gsxr1216, I ordered mine from the Winsted Group out of Canada. They wanted $129 for an assembled unit with cables. They also wanted $99 for the software, but I found it free at scantool.net. The MIL is the "Malfunction Indicator Lamp", or "Check Engine Light" as we refer to it.

I have not received mine yet. Will report back when I have it in hand and have a chance to play with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts