Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been through the threads and search tool and am finally looking for help on how to proceed. Any thoughts on where to dig in first?

Truck runs great having no issues with performance. I lost my Wait To Start light and replaced both my temp sensors and the Glow Plug Controller (all AC Delco). Strange scenario of events have me scratching my head, must be electrical but not sure where...or my gauge cluster has gone bad.

Turn key to warm glow plugs before starting and get
- gauge needles don't sweep, they used to (right?)
- Service Engine light acts as the WTS light, it's lit as the glow plugs charge- can see / hear from the voltage gauge. Service Engine light turns off when glow plugs stop.

Temp gauge won't budge from 0/100
- I jumped the temp sensor plug on the left side by manifold, nothing happened but the Service Engine light remained on

(A coolant leak started yesterday from the threads-side of the quick disconnect hose at the crossover, haven't lost much coolant. Haven't check coolant level yet, haven't gotten a Low Coolant light either. Looking at that today.)

Not Getting any response when putting paper clip in the OBD port. I am going to disconnect battery to reset computer and see if anything comes back.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
There is a ground wire just above the DLC on the metal dash frame.
Make sure it is clean and tight.
When you unplug the ECT sensor on the front of the drivers head, the temp gauge should peg max temp, with key on. When you ground it you should get "0".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts