Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to be getting a straight pipe for my duramax soon but will i be able to pass state inspection. i was wondering if there was anyone on here that does NY state inspections that would be able to help me out. im willing to travel!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not that I can help, but they didn't even check when I brought my truck in for inspection and I have no cat.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
You will not be able to pass unless you find some small inspection that doesn't care or you know someone really good. i know some people that did my exhaust so i am lucky they pass me. good luck.

i am going to be getting a straight pipe for my duramax soon but will i be able to pass state inspection. i was wondering if there was anyone on here that does NY state inspections that would be able to help me out. im willing to travel!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im in dutchess county by poughkeepsie if that helps but like i said i am willing to travel

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Man I couldn't promise you if the guys I know would pass your truck or not. I really only see them maybe 5 times a year and I am getting ready to head back to Iraq anytime now.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i heard about that i was gona try and make it to the bon fire a couple of weeks ago but i had a jump contest i couldnt miss. I wish you the best of luck!!!! keep in touch on here let us know how things are going if you can.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
If you come down to Westchester I can get you hooked up without a problem. Especially if you have passenger plates, but if you dont I can still take care of you, just might need a day or two's notice.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a crewcab but my truck is over 6k so its a comercial plate i never heard of a passenger dmax how do people get them and thanks for the offer ill probaly take you up on that sometime.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I got passenger plates on mine and mine is a one ton that weighs in at over 7000 lbs. It was simple to get them. I went to the DMV and lied to them. I told them that the truck has a permanent cap installed, seat belt brackets and seat permanently installed in the bed, and that it only weighed 5500 lbs. They said "OK, sign here," and gave me my passenger plates. Funny thing is, the truck was litterally right behind me, visable through the window, the whole time. No cap on it, and certainly no seatbelt brackets or seats in the rear. If I get into a nasty wreck on a parkway I suppose I could get into some legal trouble, but Ive never been one to err on the side of caution, so why start now. PM me someday close to when you wanna get inspected and we'll :grd:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good but on my registration it said the weight of the truck?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
mine too. I was wondering how that slipped through the cracks.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we were trying to get it also but she kept saying it is over weight maybe there is a way i can say i got a weight reduction. i travel on the taconic all the time luckily i havent gotten stopped yet. is there a diffrence in inspections from passenger to comercial

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
yes there is a difference. im not sure of the exact differences though. I wouldnt worry about traveling on the parkways. you shouldnt get bothered unless youve got some ungodly load or are towing a trailer.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Some shops might not even notice that the cat isnt there. I ran into a hard time for a while when I still had my 04 LLY. 3rd shop was the key. Backwoods mechanic didnt even put it on the lift. Dont wait till it expires like I did to get it done. I was scrambling for a while. You got all month to do it once the sticker expired.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds good thanks for all the help im deff gona have to take u up on that offer later down the road jake. Do u own a body shop? how come you didnt take the kitty off your 07 nick?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
No, I am a fireman and a mechanic on the side. My shop doesnt even do inspections. We have to take them to a guy down the road. But, I know some folks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
you will pass inspection no problem...

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
sounds good thanks for all the help im deff gona have to take u up on that offer later down the road jake. Do u own a body shop? how come you didnt take the kitty off your 07 nick?

I dont know really. When I traded in, I drove it stock for around 2500 miles. It was the dead of winter. That thing was so friggen quiet, I kinda liked it. I guess I didnt realize how loud my LLY was untill I drove a bone stock LBZ. I opted for a cat back initially. Once that was installed, I really liked the sound vs the turbo back. I figured that now, as I get older, its perfect for me. I'm just not into loud exhausts anymore.

I ran a Magnaflow system on my Ford up untill last winter when I put the stock mufflers back on it. I guess I'm just not into that stuff anymore like I was 10 years ago.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts