Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the main shaft disassembled, all but the 3rd and 4th gear end. Not sure hot to pull the syncro hub off without braking anything. There is almost nothing to grab onto. My current press can only get about 3-4 teeth on the bottom syncro ring right before 4th gear, but I do not want to press/pull on that and break them. i dont really see anywhere else to grab this thing to pull it off??? Anyone done this before?

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10 Posts
I worked where they were made and sometimes in tear down. We put the whole shaft with everything on like in your photo into a press that was big enough to push everything off at once.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worked where they were made and sometimes in tear down. We put the whole shaft with everything on like in your photo into a press that was big enough to push everything off at once.
What happened to the large snap rings and I know there is at least one locating pin? What your describing make me think of a scrap yard where you are not trying to salvage any of the parts...but that thought has come through my head, just don't want to buy a new set of gears if I don't have to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What happened to the large snap rings and I know there is at least one locating pin? What your describing make me think of a scrap yard where you are not trying to salvage any of the parts...but that thought has come through my head, just don't want to buy a new set of gears if I don't have to.
I was mistaken about the disassembly of your 4500. It was a different transmission that came apart that way. Sorry for the wrong information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts