Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok driving today and truck won't shift into 5th gear. Lately have had issues with gear indicator being flaky. now in park it flashes on 3rd gear all the time. Thinking it is this switch. ran codes and got P0700 and P1172. Also I have an 02 and is this covered on the 200,000 mile emissions warranty?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sounds like the NSBU switch

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
not covered past 80k IIRC with emmisions warranty, engine warranty may cover it to 100k tops,

Need to know what trans codes are set, the P0700 is a genaric PCM code, the TCM has codes as well in it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
if your display has been acting up ... 99.99% NSBU toast ... replace it don't mess with it ... a very common problem ... it happend to me ... driving around all of a sudden no gear display ... next day would only show every other gear ... it can leave you in limp home mode I think in 2nd gear ... I would not play around just change it ...:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ranaway;1594097; said:
I got 02 with 132000.. No warranty. I have Po700 and P846 think.. I just like to get it out of 4lo.
I take it you have the push bottom 4 wheel? Then in your case you might need to change the switch (push bottom for the 4 wheel ... also know to act up on some people... I have done both 4 wheel and NSBU) ... but I also had a problem with mine not coming out of 4 wheel drive at all .... took it to the dealer and they had to reprogram it so it would start coming out of 4 wheel drive. However that happened when the truck was still under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts