Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 99% sure that my NSBU switch is out again. I am displaying the classic symptoms, flaky shift indicator, harsh or slow shift or engagement, check engine light. I cannot seem to get more than 40,000 miles on one of these. Must be my reward for living in slushy, salty Michigan in the winter.

I was reading through the latest TSB (#02-07-30-011C) and it mentions that 'proper installation of the "front shield" and "rear shield" are essential for proper repairs'. Has anyone tried this shield out? I did a search in the forum here, but could not come up with much. Pictures anyone?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have never been able to locate this elusive shield.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Went to a Allison dealer a month ago and the parts person said they did not know of a shield for the nsbu. He said go to a GM dealer. Will have to visit one in the morning...

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
DEWFPO;1568943; said:
I have never been able to locate this elusive shield.

DEWFPO
x2. This's like the "6th gear in an '01-05.5" upgrade kit was about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ZL-1;1569004; said:
Went to a Allison dealer a month ago and the parts person said they did not know of a shield for the nsbu. He said go to a GM dealer. Will have to visit one in the morning...
Went to GMC parts this a.m., looked the elusive shield up on parts computer, it does not have or show a "shield", so it may not exist or no longer is available. Would be nice if someone could come up with some kind of "part number". Thanks anyway...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Same here, I've all but given up until someone says they have one in hand, the P/N is XXXXX and they purchased it XXXXXX.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I contacted several of those resources listed and of the ones who I contacted, they had no idea what I was talking about.... even with P/N 700028.

Thanks, DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
DEWFPO;1576494; said:
I contacted several of those resources listed and of the ones who I contacted, they had no idea what I was talking about.... even with P/N 700028.

Thanks, DEWFPO
Without a part number, the computer screen in blank! Even www.gmpartsdirect.com shows nothing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts