Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now accepting memebers to join the Hanging ATA IC Club. This club welcomes those who dare to dangle their intercooler in harms way no matter what just to keep that diesel truckin'.

So this is an invite to those running a dangerous but necessary setup to keep the motors breathing cool air.

THE HANGING ATA IC CLUB IS NOW FORMED (AIR-TO-AIR INTERCOOLER)

·
Registered
712 Posts
im half way there!! just need my reducers and im good to go

·
Registered
877 Posts
uh oh, this club is kinda like the wearin' boxers verses briefs club huh?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uh oh, this club is kinda like the wearin' boxers verses briefs club huh?
A noticable amount of people have lately been hangin' stuff unda da fronta da trucka and I wanna getta see how many guys we got lettin' it all hang out in the open.

I guess I will take member # 1 here, who else has the in on this or am I trying too hard? maybe just take a poll to see how many Front mount ICs are out there?:confused:

·
Registered
820 Posts
chicago, ill take #2...ill have mine in this wkend.

·
Registered
158 Posts
guessin I will take the # 3 spot as mine has been in for some time now.

jamminGMC:D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Chicago....typo in sig.... HANING

·
Registered
877 Posts
Chicago....typo in sig.... HANING
Not bad, considering you can look up above and see a vowel added to an already incomplete word.. 'a 'a 'a 'a...

Sounda like a rap song already eh? What's this world coming too, I like Bass, but I don't like the sound of Gold teeth rattlin' too!

-The Opinionated...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
65 Posts
Guess I'm no.4.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does my dBux exhaust system hanging down under there count???
Kind Regards!
Rick

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: low hanging fruit

How do I join this club with a minimal investment?

I'm interested in gettin' a IC mounted down low, but I'm not interested in paying 1.5k+ for the mods....

Help me get into the low-hangin' club....

P.S. Chicago_TDP, my Suburban is running great with those used heads!!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do I join this club with a minimal investment?

I'm interested in gettin' a IC mounted down low, but I'm not interested in paying 1.5k+ for the mods....

Help me get into the low-hangin' club....

P.S. Chicago_TDP, my Suburban is running great with those used heads!!!!
GREAT IT ALL WORKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!! I am really glad to hear that though.

Look at the setup that a few new members here have set up, some good fabbers have joined lately. I all comes down to how well you can search ebay and look for good deals, you could buy everything you need off of ebay for 300.00

·
Registered
820 Posts
i got everything i needed for like $275. intercooler, pipes, and reducers. got a 24x12x3 intercooler for $148 something, pipes for $91 something and 3 reducers for $17 and some change. you just have to look around and find the best deal. the total actually came up to about $260 all shipped, and its still $40 less than youd think youd pay and about $1500 less than buying a bolt on kit.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got everything i needed for like $275. intercooler, pipes, and reducers. got a 24x12x3 intercooler for $148 something, pipes for $91 something and 3 reducers for $17 and some change. you just have to look around and find the best deal. the total actually came up to about $260 all shipped, and its still $40 less than youd think youd pay and about $1500 less than buying a bolt on kit.
there you go guys, this shows how cheap and easy it is to build ur own. just takes a little time and creativity. I think it is the cheapest and BEST mod to do to any 6.5 diesel. The gain is BIG. Prob the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
820 Posts
ill def try and get install pics up after this wkend. should go fairly easily and quickly.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
ill take the #6 spot if you dont mind

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I hung the aux tranny cooler....so I could put the Ic in front of the radiator. Sorry I don't fit in here fellas, but I never liked the notion, but I don't care if you do it. Whatever works for you.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Hangin aint bad QM, seeings i have one hanging and one in front of the rad now i think either is just as good.

I was actually contemplating double IC on the Cummins now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts