Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a diesel newbie, so please bear with me. I went to change the oil on my 2500 (2007 classic). I ordered oil from heath at the thesuperiorsynthetic as before, but the oil was different this time. last time it was 5-40 CJ-4 rated, this time it is 15-4 with no CJ-4 rating.

I live in central NY so the temp will mostly be above 0 with the rare dip to -5/-10

I already drained the oil, so I put it in - not sure if I should be running this oil. any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You're better off running the AME 15W-40. The DEO 5W-40 starts at an 8 TBN out of the bottle, and it depletes quickly compared to the AME.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Blurry, sorry I don't know names by many of the user names on here. Not sure if we discussed on the phone or not, but for any classic and older I do recommend the older oils, in this case the 15W-40. You can run either.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Blurry - fill in your signature and we can help you a bit more; not just on this topic, but any future questions.

But to be generic, the older trucks (pre-LMM) can use either.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info! Just making sure I take good care of my girl!

Heath - no worries, I was just making sure!

And a sig :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.